October 29, 2010

Reason #4: They don't use computers! OH AND IM SEEING THEM TONIGHT.

Not much time today, off to Atlantic City for the most epic Halloween ever!!!!!! GET READY PHIENDSSSS MY SOUL IS IGNITED! I'm pumped, like the phist pump, can you tell? Get on with it, geez.
So I love Phish today because they don't use computers and computer noises. Believe me, I love MSTRKRFT and Bassnectar as much as the next person- really, I do. But in a era of music where use of the computer is highly valued, it's nice to see some good ol' rock 'n' roll. In fact, the computer and computer noises are so highly valued, some bands make their living entirely from that, ie the Glitch Mob. I'm not hating, I'll say it again, I do like this music. And it is an instrument in itself. If you look at videos of the Glitch Mob- shit, I couldn't hit a synth like that or remember what sound when to each button, etc. It's a challenge and new instrument indeed. I just like to see somebody get down and dirty with their bass. Ever see Les Claypool? That man slaps a friggen bass. It's hot to watch, honestly. I love it. And watching a guitar player shred his strings and hearing the delightful mess of sounds that comes out of those six strings- to me, it's incredible. Trey is gonna melt my face tonight!!!!!!! As for drums and keys, wouldn;t you rather see someone wailing it on their actual instruments- slamming their fingers into every note, pounding out the rhythm and beat with their sticks? I would. Seeing a DJ rock a computer is kinda cool... but seeing a saxophonist rip out those full notes, theres nothing better. I don't have time to ramble today, you get my point.
OFF TO AC!!! Look for me in Fishman dress and vacuum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment